Oxus America is a privately owned engineering, manufacturing, and services company based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Company specializes in products that serve the medical equipment, automotive, and other industrial markets in the U.S. and globally through affiliated companies in the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. Oxus has grown significantly since its founding in 2010 and is in the process of identifying motivated, dynamic team members to help drive the next phase of expansion.
The Supply Chain team within Oxus is looking to enhance its support of internal and external customers with the addition of a Sourcing Manager. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain and working alongside the Purchasing Manager, the Sourcing Manager is responsible for ensuring suppliers provide the optimum level of price, quality, delivery, and customer service to Oxus and its customers.
Oxus has a pipeline of new projects for which sourcing at a more advanced stage of the product development cycle is required. A primary focus of this role is to provide process leadership, category consultation, and direct management of sourcing events that ensure selection of the most competitive suppliers for each application on behalf of cross-functional stakeholders. This includes the conducting of competitive analyses, identification of alternate suppliers, facilitation of RFPs/RFQs, negotiation of contracts, and other support as needed. Upon supplier selection, the Sourcing Manager will work in conjunction with Engineering, Sales, and Operations to drive on-time delivery of equipment, tooling, and components in support production launch and customer requirements.
In addition to advanced sourcing and new product launch engagement, the Sourcing Manager will be responsible for performance of the existing supply base for all direct and indirect supplies, materials, and services. This includes execution of the Oxus supplier scorecard process and the identification and implementation of high-impact value creation opportunities, including piece price gap reduction, operational efficiencies, management of raw material headwinds, payment terms adjustments, inventory optimization, and others.
The Sourcing Manager will not have direct reports initially. However, with expected company growth, there will be potential to add subordinate staff as Oxus builds out its overall supply chain capabilities and infrastructure. As such, this is an excellent career development opportunity for an upwardly mobile supply management professional within a strong and growing business.
· Development of global commodity strategies that enable the identification and sourcing of suppliers, products, and services at best-in-class quality, delivery, price, and service levels.
· Early engagement in the product development process to align the most capable suppliers with customer design requirements and to effectively leverage existing spend with those suppliers.
· Evaluation of supplier quotations and sourcing of components and assemblies in line with commodity strategies and in accordance with Oxus sourcing procedures.
· Preparation, review, and negotiation of RFPs/RFQs, proposals, contracts, and strategic supplier agreements for accuracy and compliance with Oxus pricing, terms, and specifications.
· Enterprise spend analysis, purchase price variance, cost modeling, and material cost budgeting and forecasting.
· Leadership of ongoing value creation initiatives with contracted and non-contracted suppliers, including the identification of value engineering opportunities.
· Monitoring of market conditions and supplier quality and delivery status to determine present and future material availability and pricing.
· Development of material flow, inventory balancing, and constraints management solutions that drive efficiency and reduce supply chain risk to Oxus and its customers.
· Assistance with make vs. buy analyses and improvements in manufacturing capacity utilization.
· Leadership of the supplier performance management process, including development scorecards and facilitation of quarterly reviews with key suppliers.
· Design, implementation, management, and monitoring of standard work and systems that improve Oxus sourcing, procurement, and supply chain processes.
· A high level of transparency and frequent communication with internal customers through regular interaction, dashboards, scorecards, and other reporting mechanisms.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics.
· 7+ years of experience in Global Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Product Development, or Program Management in a fast-paced manufacturing or production environment.
· Expertise in the design, manufacture, sourcing, and procurement of electromechanical products, components, and assemblies.
· Ability to organize and lead dynamic projects with multiple stakeholders.
· Track record of successfully negotiating major contracts, achieving of value creation objectives, and managing supplier performance.
· Demonstrated high level of analytical ability with experience conducting spend analysis and developing/managing cost models, financial business cases, operating plans, and forecasts.
· Comfortable operating at all levels of management internally and externally.
· Experience working globally and cross-culturally.
· Hands-on problem-solving ability with a sense of urgency.
· Efficient and effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with ERP systems, procurement platforms, and supply management applications.
· Master of Science or Master of Business Administration degree.
· Expertise in the design, manufacture, sourcing, and procurement of gas separation or oxygen generation products, components, and assemblies, including printed circuit boards, injection molded plastics, formed tubes, compressors and compressor subcomponents, molecular sieve absorbents, and related capital equipment/tooling/fixturing
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with Microsoft BI or similar business intelligence/dashboarding tools.
Email us your resume.