Oxus America is a privately owned engineering, manufacturing, and services company based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The Company specializes in products that serve the medical equipment, automotive, and other industrial markets in the U.S. and globally through affiliated companies in the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions. Oxus has grown significantly since its founding in 2010 and is in the process of identifying motivated, dynamic team members to help drive the next phase of expansion.
The Supply Chain team within Oxus is looking to enhance its support of internal and external customers with the addition of a hands-on Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager with the right blend of strategic and tactical skills. This person will be responsible for the proper alignment of customer demand with upstream supply and downstream production capabilities. Working closely with Engineering and Operations stakeholders, this role will lead strategy development and execution in the following areas –
1. Strategic Sourcing
3. Production Planning
The Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager will report to the Vice President of Business Development & Supply Chain and play a key role in building out overall supply chain capabilities and infrastructure within Oxus. As such, the successful candidate will recruit and manage a small team rightsized to the business as it grows.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Management, Operations Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics.
· 10-15+ years of experience in two or more Supply Chain-related disciplines (Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Production Planning, Materials Management, Logistics, etc.) in a fast-paced manufacturing or production environment.
· 3-5 years of experience managing a staff.
· Expertise in the design, manufacture, sourcing, and procurement of electromechanical products, components, and assemblies.
· Proficiency with ERP systems, procurement platforms, and supply management applications.
· Mid-level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Ability to organize and lead dynamic projects with multiple stakeholders.
· Track record of successfully negotiating major contracts, achieving of value creation objectives, and managing supplier performance.
· Demonstrated high level of analytical ability with experience conducting spend analysis and developing/managing cost models, financial business cases, operating plans, and forecasts.
· Comfortable operating at all levels of management internally and externally.
· Experience working globally and cross-culturally.
· Hands-on problem-solving ability with a sense of urgency.
· Efficient and effective verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly communicate through dashboards, scorecards, and other reporting mechanisms.
· Proven capabilities in designing, implementing, and managing standard work, systems, and process improvements.
Master of Science or Master of Business Administration degree.
Expertise in the design, manufacture, sourcing, and procurement of gas separation or oxygen generation products, components, and assemblies.
Operations Management, Product Development or Program Management experience.
Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Familiarity with Microsoft BI or similar business intelligence/dashboarding tools.
· Develop material flow, throughput, inventory balancing, and constraints management solutions that drive operational efficiency and reduce supply chain risk to Oxus and its customers.
·Collaborate with Sales and Purchasing to drive fulfillment of customer demand, taking into account supplier lead times, production capacity, and production cycle times.
· Convert sales forecasts into production jobs in ERP system.
· Manage month-end job closing and reconciliation process.
· Design and execute cycle counting process to ensure proper accounting of available materials and need for replenishment.
·Identify and lead cross-functional resolution of chronic production constraints and inventory issues.
· Work closely with Purchasing and Operations / Warehouse Management to set and maintain efficient inventory levels at onsite and supplier locations.
· Refine/enhance the production scheduling process to maximize throughput and minimize downtime.
·Develop global commodity strategies that enable the identification and sourcing of suppliers, products, and services at best-in-class quality, price, service, and risk levels.
· Engage early in the product development process to align the most capable suppliers with customer design requirements and effectively leverage existing spend with those suppliers.
· Evaluate supplier quotations and sourcing of components and assemblies in line with commodity strategies and in accordance with Oxus sourcing procedures.
· Prepare, review, and negotiate RFPs/RFQs, proposals, contracts, and strategic supplier agreements for accuracy and compliance with Oxus pricing, terms, and specifications.
· Drive on-time delivery of equipment, tooling, and components in support of prototype builds, production launches, and customer requirements.
· Conduct enterprise spend analysis, purchase price variance, cost modeling, and material cost budgeting and forecasting.
· Lead ongoing cost reduction initiatives with contracted and non-contracted suppliers for all direct and indirect materials, including the identification of value engineering opportunities.
· Assist with make vs. buy analyses and improvements in manufacturing capacity utilization.
· Create new parts and bills of materials in ERP system.
· Qualify and onboard new suppliers.
· Issue tooling orders and purchase orders to support prototype builds, new product launches, current production needs, elimination of backlogs, and building of appropriate safety stock inventory.
· Obtain quotes and facilitate supplier support of engineering changes.
· Negotiate, optimize, and maintain supplier lead times and payment terms.
· Follow up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery and resolution of issues on open tooling orders and purchase orders.
· Optimize freight supplier performance and costs in conjunction with Strategic Sourcing, Operations, and Sales.
· Lead the supplier performance management process, including development scorecards and facilitation of quarterly reviews with key suppliers.
· Monitor market conditions, material availability and pricing, and supplier viability and communicate changes and developments to internal stakeholders.
Email us your resume.